Saturday, February 25, 2006

ortega

we did it!! this race is by far my favorite. there is a drawbridge at the beginning, which has virtually no incline/decline, a nice run through the neighborhoods, brief views of the water, a tough overpass near the end, and a relatively flat return to the finish. the best part about this race was the post-race power bars provided by the local bakery. ortega is such a cute neighborhood, and the scenery is outstanding. i was extra lucky because my boyfriend felt bad that i was running alone and jumped in at the last minute to run with me. he is the best! the funny part was that near the end when i wanted to lay down instead of finish the race, he was the one who had the energy to finish and motivated me to continue! we crossed the finish line holding hands, it was a great way to end the race. two more weeks until the river run. given my inability to run this race very well, i'm more nervous about the river run. at least ashlee will be there to run with me!! that will make it much better!

No comments: